Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical procedure used to treat a variety of diseases and disorders by triggering specific points on the body with thin needles. Acupuncture has been practiced for thousands of years and is built on the concept of chi, also known as the life force. Acupuncture provides many benefits and has a positive impact on both physical and mental health. At Parrish Family Chiropractic, our acupuncture sessions are performed by Dr. Selena and Dr. Josh who are certified to perform acupuncture therapy.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a safe and proven method for treating a wide variety of health issues. Some of the benefits of this ancient practice include the following:
- Relief for chronic pain. Several studies have shown that acupuncture helps relieve some forms of chronic pain, especially pain that affects the neck or back.
- Eases the side effects of chemotherapy. Acupuncture reduces the effects of nausea that are caused by chemotherapy agents used for leukemia treatment.
- The improvement of sleep quality. Thin needles are inserted in the skin to increase the body's natural ability to produce melatonin. Many people experience a lack of melatonin, which leads to insomnia, waking up at night, and other sleeping problems.
- Strengthens the immune system. Your immune system is constantly challenged and needs additional support. Acupuncture strengthens it and helps fight infections.
- Boosts energy. Whether you need physical or mental energy, this practice will help. It is effective for fighting off exhaustion and brain fog. You will have more physical stamina and a higher capacity for clear thinking. As a result, you will do more during the day and stay focused for a longer period.
- Supports the digestive system. It treats several problems of the digestive system, including gallstones, acute gastrointestinal issues, Crohn's Disease, and inflammatory bowel disease.
Parrish Family Chiropractic is Your Certified Chiropractor in Labelle, FL
At Parrish Family Chiropractic, we provide the finest acupuncture services to our patients. Our methods are safe, effective, and comfortable. Regardless of the medical issue you have, we are ready to help you get back to a healthy and fulfilling life. If you live in or around Labelle, call us today at (863) 675-0421 to learn more about our services or to schedule a consultation.